Friday, May 7, 2010

I've fallen into a pit of mediocrity again. I need to make some meaningful images of people, even just one person would be terrific. Anyone out there willing to futz around for a couple of hours after a coffee at TimHo's?

I have an obligation to myself to continue my studio work here in my tiny space, but the weather has turned nice. It's time to get out there and do some environmentals or whatever using outdoor settings.

I saw a great shot up on Julia B.'s Flickr site (Ravengirl) a few days back that kind of reminded me of the manner in which Leibowitz approached outdoor portraits for a while. A few of those would be fun but I think narrative work of some vague description might be better. That is what I am envisioning in any case.


Come have some fun. At the very least you will receive a few reasonably interesting shots with which to do what you will.

***

A gentle reminder to all and sundry that a few pieces of my work are showing this very minute at The Red Brick Café at 77 Westmount Rd. raught heayah in River City, meaning Guelph the Glorious of course.

Do drop in and have a tea or coffee while you consider the vast and wondrous talent there before you on the walls of this fine establishment (I don't think I've thanked Shelley yet today for cutting me a break--I try to remember to do this every day. Everything regarding my images aside, Shelley is a neat person. Her café sells wicked good coffee too, so Shelley is aces in my books, go check it out).

No comments:

Post a Comment