Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Hony Tonk Angel was in the square this afternoon (in the house?) singing and playing like a woman twice her age. Wherever this incarnation of The Angel hails from in time and space, she is channeling the voices of Appalachia at present in a way that sends shivers up and down your spine.

Great team. They kicked it off and each song was a runaway train from start to finish. He readily admitted that he is just learning her material right now, trying to keep up as best he can
(wouldn't know it). He knows a little gospel, a little trad, she knows a little old-timey stuff, and apparently some Eastern music. They just rip it up. So cool.

God I love real live music.




3 comments:

  1. Wanna hear it! (I'm using the Kodak zi8 to grab this and that at the beach).

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice...I love your street shots, just wish I had the stones to try more myself.

    ReplyDelete