Thursday, April 8, 2010

This business of putting up a show is quite the undertaking (yes, I am possibly mounting a small show here in Geulph).

If you surrender to all the local 'craft' shops in town you spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars and still not do not end up with precisely what you have envisioned
The purchase of cheep frames at IKEA or other outlets is only the beginning of the battle.

Ultimately it does not matter. There is a surge of energy, a circle of impossible karma, that takes place anytime you expose your art to a larger audience. 'Twas the same when I played, 'twas the same when I wrote poetry and stood up to read it in high school (that took REAL cojones), it is the same for visual artists, be they painters, photographers, or mixed media artists.



I have seen no better expression of the human condition, the need to 'talk' to one another on a basic level than I see and hear regularly in the square downtown. Let's do some talking people, and I am not writing about that barbed repartée employed almost exclusively and enjoyed far too well by all and sundry up on the hill.

Love pink. Love anything, truly, Let's get there. The sooner the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4fWN6VvgKQ
(*shiver* Dave's gone all hippie . . .).

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. Damn. Here I am at 50-something (mutter mutter) and I am as uplifted and filled with hope by the song as when I was young. Figuring out what I mean to say is hurting my brain, I'm no poet LOL hmm... after all the life that life has thrown at me, after having seen from my 'comfy chair' the life that has been thrown at the world, it's a less painfully joyful, less fierce hope and uplifting... is the song a prayer, a wish, a benediction, a calling out to love? Yah! She gets it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, thank you Dave, this one from you to us is a gift :)

    ReplyDelete