Friday, February 26, 2010



People who follow my stuff even semi-regularly know that I like to post images of works in progress. Here we have me returning to masks. I dabbled too briefly last spring always wanting to get back and it would appear that I am.

I had BIG plans to use this first one to revisit another theme of mine from the past year, a culture with which I remain inordinately fascinated, the Templars. I don't know now. I have been emailing back and forth with several friends and there has been a thread on a group I frequent concerning individual rights, Big Brother, 1984, all that horrid stuff. Of course it only seems horrid to any of us who grew up in another era . . . .

In any event, it must be a coincidence that my random computer player has cued up 'Heroes' by Bowie as I am writing this little piece:
"we can be heroes forever and ever
whatcha say?"
so who knows where this piece will end up?

Sidebar:
I loved that line in Criminal Minds last year when Garcia had been shot and she was telling the others that all the way in to the hospital, when she was close to death, David Bowie's 'Heroes' was going through her head and she was thinking "does that mean David Bowie is gawd?"


I lie. Everyone who knows me knows I will do something outrageous and completely oblique concerning our evaporating personal freedoms and rights, and the and utter apathy with which this power shift is greeted by the gently mooing middle-classes.
Okay, okay, you're right, they should be bleating but I couldn't resist the alliterative ring. Bleating then: "But you promised me greener pa-a-a-a-stures."

Stay tuned.

(Note to self: do NOT use cream or lotion to separate your paper from the form. This puppy may never dry!).

No comments:

Post a Comment